Sep 20, 2020
VCT 2792 - VCT Independent Study Credits: 1-6
Hours/Week: Lecture None Lab None
Course Description: In this course, students will have the opportunity to research and design their own project. In consultation with their instructor beyond the regular VCT curriculum, students will create an outline of objectives, goals and timelines in a detailed plan, and will be held accountable for the project.
Prerequisite(s): Instructor and dean consent.
- Proposal of topic and concept of independent study project.
- Instructor approval of proposed Independent study project.
- Regular progress meetings.
- Final assessment of independent study project.
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- research and design a project related to the student’s chosen specialty area.
- organize and manage an independent project.
- assess the experience of working on a project independently.
Competency 1 (1-6)
Competency 2 (7-10)
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)