Sep 26, 2020
SOLR 1001 - Community Solar System Installation Credits: 2
Hours/Week: Lecture 1 Lab 1
Course Description: This course covers the use of hand and power tools used to assemble community solar garden systems. Students are exposed to many different types of mounting systems and fastening technologies. Industry expectations are discussed and common safety concerns are reinforced.
- Hand and power tool use
- Racking and mounting system assembly
- Lubricants, fasteners, and corrosion
- Safety issues specifically related to solar systems
- Employer expectations
At the end of this course, students will be able to:
- demonstrate the use of hand and power tools.
- assemble solar racking and mounting systems.
- explain basic lubricants, fasteners, and sources of corrosion.
- explain safety issues specifically related to solar systems.
- Describe common employer expectations.
Competency 1 (1-6)
Competency 2 (7-10)
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)