Oct 27, 2020
VCT 2135 - Post-Production 4: Visual Effects Credits: 3
Hours/Week: Lecture 2 Lab 2
Course Description: This course delves into Adobe After Effects, a popular software package used by filmmaking motion graphics professionals. Topics include keyframes, animation, compositing, particle systems, and motion tracking.
Recommendation: VCT 1131
- Linking Other Document Formats into After Effects
- The After Effects Interface
- The Graphical Layout of Keyframes
- Usings Filters, Titles, and Effects in After Effects
At the end of this course, students will be able to:
- demonstrate the graphical layout of keyframes.
- describe preset filters and effects.
- integrate video clips into motion graphics.
- use motion tracking.
- use green screen effects.
- create animated titles and backgrounds.
- apply compositing layers.
- integrate Photoshop and Illustrator documents into motion graphics.
- integrate motion graphics back into video editing projects.
Competency 1 (1-6)
Competency 2 (7-10)
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)