Oct 27, 2020
VCT 2137 - Filmmaking 4: Documentary Stories Credits: 3
Hours/Week: Lecture 2 Lab 2
Course Description: This advanced course applies previously learned pre-production, production, and post-production techniques to a complex narrative documentary film and narrative promotional film. Advanced editing processes will be integrated with video camera, lighting, and audio operation. Students will plan, shoot, and edit filmmaking productions. Note: Some course assignments require students to move, lift, and carry video equipment.
Prerequisite(s): VCT 2133
Recommendation: VCT 1135
- Preparing Pre-Production Documents for Advanced Productions
- Working with a Client
- Creating a Narrative Promotional Film
- Creating a Documentary Story Film
At the end of this course, students will be able to:
- evaluate the elements of the documentary filmmaking production process.
- manage the process of moving from script to screen.
- evaluate customer needs.
- prepare pre-production proposals for advanced productions.
- arrange and organize crew, equipment, and facilities to shoot advanced productions.
- operate video equipment in advanced productions.
- manage project teams.
- manage video logs and footage.
- demonstrate editing techniques to complete a production.
Competency 1 (1-6)
Competency 2 (7-10)
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)