Jan 26, 2021
ABOD 1035 - Body Panels and Interior Credits: 4
Hours/Week: Lecture None Lab None
Course Description: This hands-on course introduces students to the materials and industry-approved techniques for removing and installing vehicle glass and all vehicle interior and exterior panels. Topics include assorted hardware, fasteners, trim, and tools; alignment techniques; and industry standards. Students must be able to perform physical tasks to complete course requirements.
Prerequisite(s): Course placement into ENGL 0950 and RDNG 0950 or above OR completion of RDNG 0940 with a grade of C or higher OR course placement into ESOL 0051 and ESOL 0052 and ESOL 1033 OR completion of ESOL 0041 with a grade of C or higher and ESOL 0042 with a grade of C or higher and ESOL 0043 with a grade of C or higher; AND Arithmetic placement score of 64 or higher or elementary algebra placement score of 76 or higher or minimum placement score/ACT score placement into MATH 0070 or above or completion of MATH 0030 or MATH 0060 with a grade of C or higher; AND instructor consent. We strongly encourage students who score below 64 to meet with an advisor or counselor to discuss their review and course options PRIOR to Math placement retesting or registering for a MATH course.
- Safety procedures and precautions related to automotive panel replacement, glass removal and installation
- Identification of glass removal tools, equipment, and products
- Proper fit for interior and exterior panels
- Identification and proper use of clips and fasteners for interior and exterior panels
- Interior and exterior panel and glass replacement
At the end of this course, students will be able to:
- remove and install stationary glass.
- remove and install both interior and exterior panels using correct clips and hardware.
- remove and/or install common bolts, fasteners, screws, and retainers.
- identify and use specialty trim and hardware tools.
- correctly remove and install interior and exterior molding and trim.
Competency 1 (1-6)
Competency 2 (7-10)
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)