Jan 19, 2021
ABOD 1065 - Auto Body Paint Concerns Credits: 2
Hours/Week: Lecture None Lab None
Course Description: This hands-on course introduces students to the theory, processes, and techniques of paint application. Topics include identifying the likely causes of and corrective measures for many paint defects, as well as common problems encountered during the paint application process. Students must be able to perform physical tasks to complete course requirements.
Prerequisite(s): Course placement into ENGL 0950 and RDNG 0950 or above OR completion of RDNG 0940 with a grade of C or higher OR course placement into ESOL 0051 and ESOL 0052 and ESOL 1033 OR completion of ESOL 0041 with a grade of C or higher and ESOL 0042 with a grade of C or higher and ESOL 0043 with a grade of C or higher; AND Arithmetic placement score of 64 or higher or elementary algebra placement score of 76 or higher or minimum placement score/ACT score placement into MATH 0070 or above or completion of MATH 0030 or MATH 0060 with a grade of C or higher; AND instructor consent. We strongly encourage students who score below 64 to meet with an advisor or counselor to discuss their review and course options PRIOR to Math placement retesting or registering for a MATH course.
- Safety procedures and precautions related to paint problems and precautions
- Identification of common problems and defects that occur during the refinishing process
- Strategies and techniques for prevention and correction of common paint concerns
At the end of this course, students will be able to:
- use appropriate safety measures during the prevention and correction of paint defects.
- control the variables affecting the quality and speed of refinishing.
- identify the root causes of various paint finish defects.
- repair common paint finish concerns.
Competency 1 (1-6)
Competency 2 (7-10)
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)