Aug 14, 2020
ABOD 1085 - Frame Repair Credits: 2
Hours/Week: Lecture None Lab None
Course Description: This hands-on course introduces students to the techniques and processes for repairing frame damage following a vehicle collision. Topics include safety issues, universal measuring systems, vehicle structures and their corresponding repair techniques, and frame-straightening procedures. Students must be able to perform physical tasks to complete course requirements.
Prerequisite(s): Course placement into ENGL 0950 and RDNG 0950 or above OR completion of RDNG 0940 with a grade of C or higher OR course placement into ESOL 0051 and ESOL 0052 and ESOL 1033 OR completion of ESOL 0041 with a grade of C or higher and ESOL 0042 with a grade of C or higher and ESOL 0043 with a grade of C or higher; AND Arithmetic placement score of 64 or higher or elementary algebra placement score of 76 or higher or minimum placement score/ACT score placement into MATH 0070 or above or completion of MATH 0030 or MATH 0060 with a grade of C or higher; AND instructor consent. We strongly encourage students who score below 64 to meet with an advisor or counselor to discuss their review and course options PRIOR to Math placement retesting or registering for a MATH course.
- Safety procedures and precautions related to auto body frame straightening equipment
- Automobile construction and frame design
- Universal measuring systems
- Theory and operation of frame straightening equipment
At the end of this course, students will be able to:
- identify safety procedures and precautions related to safely operating straightening equipment.
- operate universal measuring systems.
- identify different types of automobile structures and their corresponding repair techniques.
- perform frame straightening procedures.
Competency 1 (1-6)
Competency 2 (7-10)
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)