Oct 27, 2020
VCT 1141 - Concept Art Credits: 3
Hours/Week: Lecture 3 Lab None
Course Description: This course will focus students on the importance of the planning process vital to the 3D Animation industry. Topics include digital drawing, conceptualization and iteration. The additional areas of storyboards and visual storytelling, rapid visualization, and an introduction to color theory.
Recommendation: VCT 1018 and basic computer skills.
- Concept drawing: character drawing for animation
- Concept drawing: environments
- Storyboard Development
- Define the concepts of personality, mood and emotion
At the end of this course, students will be able to:
- develop multiple versions of a solution to a given scenario.
- perform multiple brainstorming strategies.
- create concept artwork for a variety of deployments.
- apply the principles and elements of design to concept drawing.
- create thumbnails and roughs
- demonstrate concepts and ideas through drawing, storyboards and roughs.
Competency 1 (1-6)
Competency 2 (7-10)
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)