Oct 27, 2020
VCT 1143 - Beginning 3D Concepts Credits: 3
Hours/Week: Lecture 3 Lab None
Course Description: As an introductory class to 3D concepts, this course will cover the basics of 3D modeling, texturing, animation, lighting, rendering and visual effects. This class will provide an overview of industry standard software as well as the production environment.
Recommendation: VCT 1018 and basic computer skills.
- 3D Modeling
- 3D Animation
- UV Mapping and Texturing
- Basic Lighting and Rendering
- Basic Particle and Cloth Dynamics
At the end of this course, students will be able to:
- employ the concepts of animation to create simple 3D animations.
- employ the concepts of 3D modeling with standard primitives, box modeling, spline based modeling and lofting.
- identify basic lighting and visual effects techniques to a 3D environment.
- learn UV map and texture techniques for basic 3D objects
- evaluate creative solutions through the critical introspection of one’s own work and that of other students’ work in group discussions and critiques.
- apply the concepts of design to digital 3D modeling and animation.
Competency 1 (1-6)
Competency 2 (7-10)
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)