Oct 17, 2021
ADM 1060 - Medical Manufacturing Credits: 3
Hours/Week: Lecture 3
Course Description: This course enhances ADM and biology curriculum by emphasizing the procedures and topics frequently used in medical manufacturing environments. Topics include basic processes, workflow, quality control, compliance, Good Manufacturing and Good Laboratory Practices, and clean-room operations.
- Medical manufacturing processes
- Workflow and quality control
- FDA approval process
- Sterile technique and clean room operations
- Documentation and standard operating procedures
- Organizational structures and supply chain management
At the end of this course, students will be able to:
- describe basic medical manufacturing processes.
- analyze workflow and quality control aspects in a medical manufacturing setting.
- describe medical manufacturing compliance and standardization classifications.
- explain Good Manufacturing Practices and Good Laboratory Practices.
- follow clean room procedures and operations.
- explain manufacturing organizational structure and supply chain management.
Competency 1 (1-6)
Competency 2 (7-10)
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)