VCT 1121 - Web Design with HTML5 and CSS3
Course Description: In this hands-on, project-oriented course, students will explore the many new and exciting options now available with HTML5 and CSS3. Students will design and create multiple page Web sites with text, graphics, multimedia elements, and interactivity. This course covers the semantic use of HTML5 (Hypertext Markup Language version 5), formatting the appearance of websites with CSS3 (Cascading Style Sheets version 3), the optimization of graphics, and the application of multimedia elements to produce efficient, interactive Web sites.
1. History of the Internet, the World Wide Web and the W3C
2. Basic HTML5: Structure
3. Utilizing CSS Style Sheets
5. Image Optimization
6. Web Typography
7. Multimedia on the Web
9. Publishing with FTP
At the end of this course, students will be able to:
- design and publish a complete modern website.
- develop accurate and functional HTML5 code to structure and link multiple web pages.
- create styles using CSS3 to format the appearance of multiple web pages.
- describe common conventions used in the design of websites.
- design and solve technical problems through critical thinking.
- practice website troubleshooting.
- publish a complete modern website using FTP.
Competency 1 (1-6)
Competency 2 (7-10)
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)