Sep 20, 2020
VCT 2125 - Advanced Web Concepts Credits: 3
Course Description: In this hands-on, project-oriented course, students will learn about a variety of modern tools, techniques, frameworks and libraries that are critical for designing web pages and developing web sites with current industry best practices. The following tools are explored: Git as a version control system, SEO (Search Engine Optimization), UI (User Interface)/UX (User Experience), jQuery Mobile, Modernizr, Normalize.css, HTML5 Boilerplate, Bootstrap, Invision & Sketch.
Prerequisite(s): VCT 2123 with a grade of C or higher
- Git Version Control System
- Google Analytics
- HTML Boilerplate
- jQuery Mobile
At the end of this course, students will be able to:
- administer Git version control system installation.
- distinguish the differences in browser compatibilities.
- discover SEO techniques.
- make use of HTML5 Boilerplate template.
- make use of Modernizr to detect user’s browser.
- make use of Normailze.css to render elements consistently.
- make use of jQuery Mobile.
- analyze site traffic with Google Analytics.
- discuss WAI-ARIA (Web Accessible Rich Internet Application Suite).
- demonstrate knowledge of web design industry best-practices.
Competency 1 (1-6)
Competency 2 (7-10)
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)