General Requirements for Degrees, Diplomas, and Certificates
See Century College Policy 184.108.40.206
A grade of C or higher is required for all career/occupational courses and specifically required.
MnTC/General Education course requirements.
Transfer, Articulation Agreements, and Partnerships
This transfer pathway degree is designed to transfer to the following Minnesota State university designated baccalaureate degree majors. This information is subject to change. Refer to the Century College program webpage, transfer university websites, and Transferology for current information. Contact your Century academic advisor/counselor for more details and assistance.
The Pre-Social Work A.S. Transfer Pathway will transfer to the following majors:
Bemidji State University:
Metropolitan State University:
Minnesota State University, Mankato:
Minnesota State University, Moorhead:
Southwest Minnesota State University:
St. Cloud State University:
Winona State University:
- Sociology: Social Work, B.S.W.
Program Learning Outcomes
At the end of this program students will be able to:
- Describe basic concepts, theories, and approaches used in social work.
- Demonstrate the skills of group facilitation, interviewing, recordkeeping, and case management.
- Demonstrate understanding of the role of diversity, oppression, and privilege in assessing and meeting the needs of clients.
- Evaluate one’s own attitude, personality, interpersonal skills, biases, and limitations.
- Demonstrate professionalism in the social services field regarding ethics, communication, teamwork, and therapeutic relationships with clients.
Program Contact Information
Tracey Wyman, 651.747.4093, Room 2248 East
Sheila Gunderson, 651.773.1784, Room 2246 East
Please note that this is a sample course sequence. Individual schedules will vary depending upon student needs, goals, and availability. Students are recommended to meet with their advisor, counselor, or faculty program instructors to create an individualized plan that includes prerequisites and application requirements. For detailed program information see the Century College website. This information is subject to change.
This information is subject to change. Changes and updates are posted on century.edu
Century College is a member of Minnesota State. We are an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and educator.
This document can be available in alternative formats to individuals with disabilities by calling 651.773.1745 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.