Total Credits: 4
Major Number: 5807
CIP Code: 51.3902
This Certificate is designed for individuals seeking employment in direct patient care under the supervision of a nurse in long term care, acute care and/or home care settings. Upon completion of this certificate, students will be eligible to take the examination for placement on the Minnesota Department of Health Nursing assistant Registry.
- Assessment score placement into RDNG 0900 or higher or ESOL 0032 .
- Minnesota State Registry of Nursing Assistants requires registrants to be 16 years of age or older.
- MN Department of Human Services Background Study: Minnesota Department of Health requires any individual having contact with patients to complete a background study prior to starting this program. An individual may be disqualified from having patient contact and would not be permitted to participate in the clinical experience if a clearance is not issued. Call MN Department of Human Services with specific questions, 651.431.2000.
- A national FBI database with fingerprint background study resulting in no restrictions may also be required by the program if required by clinical sites, or by potential employers.
Career/Occupational Elective Requirements
MnTC/General Education Requirements
MnTC Elective Requirements
Additional Elective Requirements
General Requirements for Degrees, Diplomas, and Certificates
See Century College Policy 220.127.116.11
Transfer, Articulation Agreements, and Partnerships
See the Century College website for information regarding transfer.
This program is intended primarily for employment preparation rather than transfer to a four-year institution. Some courses may not transfer to a number of four-year colleges. If you are considering the possibility of transfer, you may wish to talk with your advisor, counselor, or program instructor before registering to discuss your goals, look at programs designed for transfer, and develop a plan.
Program Learning Outcomes
At the end of this program students will be able to:
- Provide safe, patient-centered, and holistic care in entry-level positions in nursing assisting.
- Demonstrate academic proficiency in nursing assisting by qualifying to take the MN State Certification examination.
- Culturally-aware students who are prepared to work within a diverse and ever-changing world.
Program Contact Information
Please note that this is a sample course sequence. Individual schedules will vary depending upon student needs, goals, and availability. Students are recommended to meet with their advisor, counselor, or faculty program instructors to create an individualized plan that includes prerequisites and application requirements. For detailed program information see the Century College website. This information is subject to change.
This information is subject to change. Changes and updates are posted on century.edu
Century College is a member of Minnesota State. We are an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and educator.
This document can be available in alternative formats to individuals with disabilities by calling 651.773.1745 or emailing email@example.com.
Program Code/ID and Approved Name
7745: Nursing Assistant
A list of states where the program curriculum meets state educational requirements for licensure or certification.
Alabama, Colorado, Kentucky, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Nebraska, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Wyoming
A list of states where the program curriculum does not meet state educational requirements for licensure or certification.
Alaska, Arkansas, Arizona, California, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Missouri, Montana, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin
A list of states where the institution has not made a determination.
Nevada, New Mexico