Dec 03, 2023
Return to: Programs (Department)
Total Credits: 16
Major Number: 5619
CIP Code: 50.0408
This Interior Design Certificate is designed for advanced students who have their AAS or Bachelor’s Degree in Interior Design, to gain additional knowledge and expertise in specific specialty areas of the Interior Design industry. Students will select from two tracks that each specialize in a different focus.
Must have an AAS or Bachelor’s Degree in Interior Design or be in the semester of their graduation and instructor consent.
A laptop computer is required for the Interior Design program. Please coordinate with the Interior Design department faculty to confirm your computer can run the computer aided design software needed for coursework.
Career/Occupational Elective Requirements
Select 9 credits
MnTC/General Education Requirements
MnTC Elective Requirements
Additional Elective Requirements
General Requirements for Degrees, Diplomas, and Certificates
See Century College Policy 220.127.116.11
Transfer, Articulation Agreements, and Partnerships
See the Century College website for information regarding transfer.
This program is intended primarily for employment preparation rather than transfer to a four-year institution. Some courses may not transfer to a number of four-year colleges. If you are considering the possibility of transfer, you may wish to talk with your advisor, counselor, or program instructor before registering to discuss your goals, look at programs designed for transfer, and develop a plan.
Program Learning Outcomes
At the end of this program students will be able to:
- Demonstrate space planning skills though critical thinking as it applies to the Interior Design Industry.
- Perform competencies in compliance with all State and National codes.
- Demonstrate the ability to extrapolate and apply knowledge to new technology and software as it applies to the Interior Design Industry.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills and the ability to collaborate with other team members, industry professionals and designers
Program Contact Information
Sarah Skogstrom Rodriguez 651.747.4043 Room 1311 East
Please note that this is a sample course sequence. Individual schedules will vary depending upon student needs, goals, and availability. Students are recommended to meet with their advisor, counselor, or faculty program instructors to create an individualized plan that includes prerequisites and application requirements. For detailed program information see the Century College website. This information is subject to change.
- Career/Occupational Elective Requirement (Specialty Track: Interior Design 1st course) Credits: 3
- Career/Occupational Elective Requirement (Specialty Track: Interior Design 2nd course) Credits: 3
- Career/Occupational Elective Requirement (Specialty Track: Interior Design 3rd course) Credits: 3
This information is subject to change. Changes and updates are posted on century.edu
Century College is a member of the Minnesota State system. We are an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and educator. This document can be available in alternative formats to individuals with disabilities by calling 651.779.3354 or 1.800.228.1978 x 3354.