Dec 13, 2019
Total Credits: 15
Major Number: 5880
CIP Code: 11.0201
This certificate will provide the student with the knowledge to create a sophisticated, secure, multi-tiered Internet application. Essential programming, database and security concepts and techniques will be presented such that graduates will be able to analyze requirements and then design and develop a database-driven, interactive, client-server web application.
Career/Occupational Elective Requirements
MnTC/General Education Requirements
MnTC Elective Requirements
Additional Elective Requirements
General Requirements for Degrees, Diplomas, and Certificates
See Century College Policy 22.214.171.124
Transfer, Articulation Agreements, and Partnerships
See the Century College website for information regarding transfer.
This program is intended primarily for employment preparation rather than transfer to a four-year institution. Some courses may not transfer to a number of four-year colleges. If you are considering the possibility of transfer, you may wish to talk with your advisor, counselor, or program instructor before registering to discuss your goals, look at programs designed for transfer, and develop a plan.
Program Learning Outcomes
At the end of this program students will be able to:
- analyze ethical issues involved in web application development, including data privacy concerns.
- create usable web pages using human factors and principles of interface design.
- create web pages using HTML5 to identify the page’s structure and CSS3 (Cascading Style Sheets) to specify the content’s presentation.
- create well-formed XML documents and create a web page that retrieves and displays data from a valid XML file .
- design, develop, test and debug server-side scripts written in PHP that can deliver dynamic content to a web page.
- design and create a relational database, and access it via PHP scripts and queries to retrieve and store data that is a component of a dynamic website.
- describe common website security threats and incorporate appropriate security measures to implement secure transactions.
- use course concepts and techniques to build a sophisticated, secure, dynamic client/server application.
Program Contact Information
Robert Niemann 651.779.3252 Room 3075 West
Zakaria Baani 651.779.3945 Room 3077 West
Please note that this is a sample course sequence. Individual schedules will vary depending upon student needs, goals, and availability. Students are recommended to meet with their advisor, counselor, or faculty program instructors to create an individualized plan that includes prerequisites and application requirements. For detailed program information see the Century College website. This information is subject to change.
This information is subject to change. Changes and updates are posted on century.edu
Century College is a member of the Minnesota State system. We are an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and educator. This document can be available in alternative formats to individuals with disabilities by calling 651.779.3354 or 1.800.228.1978 x 3354.