Dec 07, 2019
Total Credits: 18
Major Number: 5783
CIP Code: 52.1401
This certificate serves learners interested in exploring career options. Each course is built on fundamental principles of marketing and retailing-providing the right product/service at the right place and time. The certificate credits may be applied to the 45-credit Marketing Specialty diploma as well as the 60-credit Associate in Applied Science (AAS) Marketing Management or Marketing Communications Technology degrees.
Career/Occupational Elective Requirements
Select 12 credits
MnTC/General Education Requirements
MnTC Elective Requirements
Additional Elective Requirements
General Requirements for Degrees, Diplomas, and Certificates
See Century College Policy 126.96.36.199
Transfer, Articulation Agreements, and Partnerships
See the Century College website for information regarding transfer.
This program is intended primarily for employment preparation rather than transfer to a four-year institution. Some courses may not transfer to a number of four-year colleges. If you are considering the possibility of transfer, you may wish to talk with your advisor, counselor, or program instructor before registering to discuss your goals, look at programs designed for transfer, and develop a plan.
Program Learning Outcomes
At the end of this program students will be able to:
- Apply product planning, distribution, pricing, and promotion strategies appropriate to an entry level employee using appropriate technology.
- Demonstrate proficiency in social responsibility and ethics in marketing environment and global economy.
- Demonstrate the ability to think critically to generate communication solutions to meet marketing needs.
- Demonstrate competencies in data analysis and technical application as appropriate.
Program Contact Information
Lynn Smaagaard 651.773.1757 Room 2243 East
Kavi Turnbull 651.444.3993 Room 2241 East
Please note that this is a sample course sequence. Individual schedules will vary depending upon student needs, goals, and availability. Students are recommended to meet with their advisor, counselor, or faculty program instructors to create an individualized plan that includes prerequisites and application requirements. For detailed program information see the Century College website. This information is subject to change.
- Career/Occupational Elective Requirement (2nd course) Credits: 3
- Career/Occupational Elective Requirement (3rd course) Credits: 3
- Career/Occupational Elective Requirement (4th course) Credits: 3
This information is subject to change. Changes and updates are posted on century.edu
Century College is a member of the Minnesota State system. We are an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and educator. This document can be available in alternative formats to individuals with disabilities by calling 651.779.3354 or 1.800.228.1978 x 3354.