Jun 02, 2020
Total Credits: 60
Major Number: 5050
CIP Code: 52.1401
Marketing Management focuses on the decisions facing marketing practitioners who must balance the objectives and resources of an organization with the needs and opportunities in the marketplace. Graduates may pursue careers in either business-to-business marketing environments or the area of consumer markets in either the private or public sector.
Career/Occupational Elective Requirements
Select 32 credits
MnTC/General Education Requirements
Goal 2: Critical Thinking
Fulfilled when all MnTC goals for this degree are complete.
Goal 3 and/or 4: Natural Sciences/Math/Logical Reasoning
Minimum of 3 credits; one course from either Goal 3 and/or Goal 4.
NOTE: Goal 3 courses do not have to be lab courses. Goal 4 courses must be numbered between MATH 1025 and MATH 1082 , or PHIL 1041
Goal 5: History/Social/Behavioral Sciences
Minimum of 3 credits.
Goal 6: Humanities/Fine Arts
Minimum of 3 credits.
Goals 7-10: Theme Goals
Three credits in one Goal area selected from Goals 7, 8, 9 or 10 are required. Many courses from Goals 1-6 also meet Goals 7-10. One course may fulfill a maximum of two Goals. Credits count only once.
Goal 8: Global Perspectives
Goal 9: Ethical and Civic Responsibility
Goal 10: People and the Environment
MnTC Elective Requirements
Additional Elective Requirements
General Requirements for Degrees, Diplomas, and Certificates
See Century College Policy 220.127.116.11
Transfer, Articulation Agreements, and Partnerships
See the Century College website for information regarding transfer.
This program is intended primarily for employment preparation rather than transfer to a four-year institution. Some courses may not transfer to a number of four-year colleges. If you are considering the possibility of transfer, you may wish to talk with your advisor, counselor, or program instructor before registering to discuss your goals, look at programs designed for transfer, and develop a plan.
Program Learning Outcomes
At the end of this program students will be able to:
- Demonstrates the concepts and processes associated with identifying trends and marketing opportunities, as well as the strategies and methods necessary for participating, creating or initiating a marketing project or business venture.
- Apply product planning, distribution, pricing, and promotion strategies appropriate to an entry level employee using appropriate technology.
- Demonstrate proficiency in social responsibility and ethics in marketing environment and global economy.
- Demonstrate the ability to think critically to generate communication solutions to meet marketing needs.
- Demonstrate competencies in data analysis and technical application as appropriate.
Program Contact Information
Lynn Smaagaard 651.773.1757 Room 2243 East
Kavi Turnbull 651.444.3993 Room 2241 East
Please note that this is a sample course sequence. Individual schedules will vary depending upon student needs, goals, and availability. Students are recommended to meet with their advisor, counselor, or faculty program instructors to create an individualized plan that includes prerequisites and application requirements. For detailed program information see the Century College website. This information is subject to change.
- Career/Occupational Elective Requirement (8th course, MKTG 2780 recommended) Credits: 2
- Career/Occupational Elective Requirement (9th course) Credits: 3
- Career/Occupational Elective Requirement (10th course) Credits: 3
- Career/Occupational Elective Requirement (11th course) Credits: 3
- MnTC Goal 6: Humanities/Fine Arts (PHIL 1031 - recommended) Credits: 3
This information is subject to change. Changes and updates are posted on century.edu
Century College is a member of the Minnesota State system. We are an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and educator. This document can be available in alternative formats to individuals with disabilities by calling 651.779.3354 or 1.800.228.1978 x 3354.