Nov 20, 2019
Total Credits: 45
Major Number: 5785
CIP Code: 52.1909
The Marketing Specialty program is designed for students who desire careers in marketing specialty areas. Some may be interested in opening and operating their own businesses, while others may want to work as sales professionals, retail managers, floor merchandisers, or social media managers, or in support positions such as visual merchandising or event production.
Career/Occupational Elective Requirements
Select 30 credits
MnTC/General Education Requirements
MnTC/General Education Requirements
MnTC Elective Requirements
Additional Elective Requirements
General Requirements for Degrees, Diplomas, and Certificates
See Century College Policy 18.104.22.168
Transfer, Articulation Agreements, and Partnerships
See the Century College website for information regarding transfer.
This program is intended primarily for employment preparation rather than transfer to a four-year institution. Some courses may not transfer to a number of four-year colleges. If you are considering the possibility of transfer, you may wish to talk with your advisor, counselor, or program instructor before registering to discuss your goals, look at programs designed for transfer, and develop a plan.
Program Learning Outcomes
At the end of this program students will be able to:
- Demonstrate the concepts and processes associated with identifying trends and marketing opportunities, as well as the strategies and methods necessary for participating, creating or initiating a marketing project or business venture.
- Apply product planning, distribution, pricing, and promotion strategies appropriate to an entry level employee using appropriate technology.
- Demonstrate proficiency in social responsibility and ethics in marketing environment and global economy.
- Demonstrate the ability to think critically to generate communication solutions to meet marketing needs.
- Demonstrate competencies in data analysis and technical application as appropriate.
Program Contact Information
Lynn Smaagaard 651.773.1757 Room 2243 East
Kavi Turnbull 651.444.3993 Room 2241 East
Please note that this is a sample course sequence. Individual schedules will vary depending upon student needs, goals, and availability. Students are recommended to meet with their advisor, counselor, or faculty program instructors to create an individualized plan that includes prerequisites and application requirements. For detailed program information see the Century College website. This information is subject to change.
- MKTG 2050 - Principles of Marketing Credits: 3
- Career/Occupational Elective Requirement (2nd course) Credits: 3
- Career/Occupational Elective Requirement (3rd course) Credits: 3
- Career/Occupational Elective Requirement (4th course) Credits: 3
- Career/Occupational Elective Requirement (5th course) Credits: 3
- Career/Occupational Elective Requirement (6th course) Credits: 3
- Career/Occupational Elective Requirement (7th course) Credits: 3
- Career/Occupational Elective Requirement (8th course) Credits: 3
- Career/Occupational Elective Requirement (9th course) Credits: 3
- Career/Occupational Elective Requirement (10th course) Credits: 3
This information is subject to change. Changes and updates are posted on century.edu
Century College is a member of the Minnesota State system. We are an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and educator. This document can be available in alternative formats to individuals with disabilities by calling 651.779.3354 or 1.800.228.1978 x 3354.