Dec 04, 2023
Total Credits: 60
Major Number: 5904
CIP Code: 40.0501
The Chemistry Transfer Pathway AS offers students a powerful option: the opportunity to complete an Associate of Science degree with course credits that directly transfer to designated Chemistry bachelor’s degree programs at Minnesota State universities. The curriculum has been specifically designed so that students completing this pathway degree and transferring to one of the seven Minnesota State universities enter the university with junior-year status. All courses in the Transfer Pathway associate degree will directly transfer and apply to the designated bachelor’s degree programs in a related field.
Minnesota State universities include: Bemidji State University; Metropolitan State University; Minnesota State University, Mankato; Minnesota State University Moorhead; Southwest Minnesota State University; St. Cloud State University; and Winona State University.
Students planning to transfer to a university outside of the Minnesota State system are advised to consult with their intended transfer institution as early as possible to determine transferability of the courses in this Transfer Pathway degree.
MnTC/General Education Requirements
Goal 2: Critical Thinking
Fulfilled when all MnTC goals for this degree are complete.
Goal 3 and/or 4: Natural Sciences/Math/Logical Reasoning
Goal 5: History/Social/Behavioral Sciences
Minimum of 3 credits.
Goal 6: Humanities/Fine Arts
Minimum of 3 credits.
Goals 7-10: Theme Goals
Three credits in two Goal areas selected from Goals 7, 8, 9 or 10 are required. Many courses from Goals 1-6 also meet Goals 7-10. One course may fulfill a maximum of two Goals. Credits count only once.
Goal 8: Global Perspectives
Goal 9: Ethical and Civic Responsibility
Goal 10: People and the Environment
MnTC Elective Requirements
Additional Elective Requirements
General Requirements for Degrees, Diplomas, and Certificates
See Century College Policy 188.8.131.52
Transfer, Articulation Agreements, and Partnerships
This transfer pathway degree is designed to transfer to the following Minnesota State university designated baccalaureate degree majors. This information is subject to change. Refer to the Century College program webpage, transfer university websites, and Transferology for current information. Contact your Century academic advisor/counselor for more details and assistance.
Bemidji State University:
Metropolitan State University:
Minnesota State University, Mankato:
Minnesota State University, Moorhead:
Southwest Minnesota State University:
St. Cloud State University:
Winona State University:
Program Learning Outcomes
At the end of this program students will be able to:
- Demonstrate basic knowledge and understanding of the fundamentals of experimental and theoretical chemistry.
- Explain and apply skills in analytical thinking and problem solving, and apply scientific methods to experimental data.
- Demonstrate skills in laboratory operations including making accurate and precise measurements, preparing solutions, operating instrumentation, experimental design, and the interpretation and reporting of quantitative and qualitative data and results.
- Communicate their own data and analysis in oral and written communications that uses tables and graphs, describes detailed experimental procedures, and clearly explains conclusions, in order to create clear and compelling papers, posters, or presentations.
- Work both independently and collaboratively in the classroom and in the laboratory.
- Apply learned concepts to everyday situations and experiences and critically evaluate contributions to science reported in the media; identify valid approaches to scientific problem solving and reporting.
Program Contact Information
Joann Pfeiffer 651.779.3487 Room 2830 East
Please note that this is a sample course sequence. Individual schedules will vary depending upon student needs, goals, and availability. Students are recommended to meet with their advisor, counselor, or faculty program instructors to create an individualized plan that includes prerequisites and application requirements. For detailed program information see the Century College website. This information is subject to change.
This information is subject to change. Changes and updates are posted on century.edu
Century College is a member of the Minnesota State system. We are an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and educator. This document can be available in alternative formats to individuals with disabilities by calling 651.779.3354 or 1.800.228.1978 x 3354.