General Requirements for Degrees, Diplomas, and Certificates
See Century College Policy 188.8.131.52
Transfer, Articulation Agreements, and Partnerships
This transfer pathway degree is designed to transfer to the following Minnesota State university designated baccalaureate degree majors. This information is subject to change. Refer to the Century College program webpage, transfer university websites, and Transferology for current information. Contact your Century academic advisor/counselor for more details and assistance.
Bemidji State University:
Metropolitan State University:
- Urban Elementary Education, BS
Minnesota State University, Mankato:
Minnesota State University, Moorhead:
Southwest Minnesota State University:
St. Cloud State University:
- Elementary (K-6) Education, BA
Winona State University:
- Elementary (K-6) Education, BT
There are additional admission requirements into Elementary Education programs beyond the requirements of the university itself. Students should check with the Elementary Education Department at the Minnesota State University you are interested in attending for the specific admission criteria to that program. Requirements may include experience working with and commitment to working with people of color, minimum GPA in specific courses, etc.
Articulations exist with the following:
- College of St. Scholastica- St. Paul
- Concordia University St. Paul
Program Learning Outcomes
At the end of this program students will be able to:
- Develop proficiency in academic content areas reflective the elementary classroom standards.
- Explain the historical and philosophical foundations of schools in America.
- Identify characteristics and developmental stages of early and middle childhood within the social, cognitive, physical, and emotional domains.
- Explain factors that influence learning.
- Analyze culturally responsive curriculum in field experiences.
- Demonstrate student-centered learning using technology and research-based practices.
- Create professional electronic portfolios displaying achievement in the field of education.
- Demonstrate the process of reflective practioner.
Program Contact Information
Christina Davis 651.747.4031 Room 3256 West
Please note that this is a sample course sequence. Individual schedules will vary depending upon student needs, goals, and availability. Students are recommended to meet with their advisor, counselor, or faculty program instructors to create an individualized plan that includes prerequisites and application requirements. For detailed program information see the Century College website. This information is subject to change.
This information is subject to change. Changes and updates are posted on century.edu
Century College is a member of the Minnesota State system. We are an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and educator. This document can be available in alternative formats to individuals with disabilities by calling 651.779.3354 or 1.800.228.1978 x 3354.