Apr 14, 2021
Total Credits: 30
Major Number: 5709
CIP Code: 52.1909
Home Furnishing Sales graduates will be prepared to consult with customers and to recommend and sell residential interior furnishing products and services appropriate to customer needs. In addition, a base of skills and knowledge suitable for continuing education and/or professional growth in the industry.
- Course placement into college-level English and Reading OR completion of ENGL 0950 with a grade of C or higher OR completion of RDNG 0940 with a grade of C or higher and qualifying English Placement Exam OR completion of RDNG 0950 with a grade of C or higher and ENGL 0090 with a grade of C or higher OR completion of ESOL 0051 with a grade of C or higher and ESOL 0052 with a grade of C or higher.
- Those individuals with prior higher education/college credits may be exempt from ENGL and RDNG placement testing and/or prerequisites with proof of course completion; official transcripts for all prior colleges must be sent to the college for exemption evaluations.
- INTD 1040 - Elements of Interior Design with a grade of C or higher is a prerequisite for many Interior Design courses. INTD 1040 is only offered in the Fall Semester.
A laptop computer is required for the Interior Design program. Please coordinate with the Interior Design department faculty to confirm your computer can run the computer aided design software needed for coursework.
Career/Occupational Elective Requirements
MnTC/General Education Requirements
Goal 1: Communication
Select 3 credits
MnTC Elective Requirements
Additional Elective Requirements
General Requirements for Degrees, Diplomas, and Certificates
See Century College Policy 126.96.36.199
Transfer, Articulation Agreements, and Partnerships
See the Century College website for information regarding transfer.
This program is intended primarily for employment preparation rather than transfer to a four-year institution. Some courses may not transfer to a number of four-year colleges. If you are considering the possibility of transfer, you may wish to talk with your advisor, counselor, or program instructor before registering to discuss your goals, look at programs designed for transfer, and develop a plan.
Program Learning Outcomes
At the end of this program students will be able to:
- Apply theories and knowledge of design to develop creative solutions to the clients needs.
- Demonstrate the communication skills needed for success in the home furnishing sales industry.
- Conduct themselves in accord with the professional and ethical standards of the home furnishing sales industry.
Program Contact Information
Sarah Skogstrom Rodriguez 651.747.4043 Room 1311 East
Please note that this is a sample course sequence. Individual schedules will vary depending upon student needs, goals, and availability. Students are recommended to meet with their advisor, counselor, or faculty program instructors to create an individualized plan that includes prerequisites and application requirements. For detailed program information see the Century College website. This information is subject to change.
This information is subject to change. Changes and updates are posted on century.edu
Century College is a member of the Minnesota State system. We are an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and educator. This document can be available in alternative formats to individuals with disabilities by calling 651.779.3354 or 1.800.228.1978 x 3354.