General Requirements for Degrees, Diplomas, and Certificates
See Century College Policy 184.108.40.206
Overall GPA of 2.0 required across all coursework with a minimum of 2.5 GPA in PPOE courses and minimum grade of C in PPOE courses as well in order to be accepted in Hennepin Technical College Skills program.
Please contact the PPOE Coordinator for Century College if you completed CJS 2081 and/or CJS 2085 more than 5 years ago (Century or equivalent courses that were successfully completed at another PPOE-certified school) to determine whether the POST objectives have been met and you may be eligible for an appeal to the 5-year rule.
Transfer, Articulation Agreements, and Partnerships
This transfer pathway degree is designed to transfer to the following Minnesota State university designated baccalaureate degree majors. This information is subject to change. Refer to the Century College program webpage, transfer university websites, and Transferology for current information. Contact your Century academic advisor/counselor for more details and assistance.
Bemidji State University
- Criminal Justice - Law Enforcement Emphasis
Metropolitan State University
Minnesota State University, Mankato
Minnesota State University Moorhead
Southwest Minnesota State University
- Law Enforcement Administration, BAS
St. Cloud State University
- Criminal Justice (21st Century Policing Emphasis), BA
Winona State University
- Sociology: Criminal Justice, BS
Program Learning Outcomes
At the end of this program students will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of behavioral science and sociological concepts allowing the student to be successful at interacting with and understanding a diverse population as a peace officer.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the entire criminal justice system, including the roles of local, county, state, and federal police organizations, the courts, and corrections.
- Demonstrate an understanding and the effective application of ethical standards so as to uphold the public’s trust in the law enforcement profession.
- Demonstrate effective communication, decision-making, and critical thinking skills as demanded in the law enforcement profession.
Program Contact Information
Julie Swanson 651.779.3494 Room 3563 East
Dale Hager 651.779-3494 Room 3563 East
Sara Edel 651.779.3981 Room 3563 East
Please note that this is a sample course sequence. Individual schedules will vary depending upon student needs, goals, and availability. Students are recommended to meet with their advisor, counselor, or faculty program instructors to create an individualized plan that includes prerequisites and application requirements. For detailed program information see the Century College website. This information is subject to change.
This information is subject to change. Changes and updates are posted on century.edu
Century College is a member of the Minnesota State system. We are an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and educator. This document can be available in alternative formats to individuals with disabilities by calling 651.779.3354 or 1.800.228.1978 x 3354.