Oct 21, 2021
ACCT 1030 - Computerized Accounting Applications Credits: 3
Hours/Week: Lecture NoneLab None
Course Description: This course is a comprehensive overview of QuickBooks Pro software for business. Students will perform multiple accounting transactions and run reports using QuickBooks. These include recording checks/deposits, preparing bank reconciliations, recording sales/receivables, recording purchases/accounts payables, accounting for inventory, recording payroll transactions, recording fixed asset transactions and financial statement preparation. Students will also gain experience writing accounting procedures related to QuickBooks. This course is relevant to prospective students interested in increasing their knowledge of QuickBooks for their business or current accounting position.
Prerequisite(s): ACCT 1010 or ACCT 2020 with a grade of C or higher and ACCT 1020 and CAPL 1010 or instructor consent.
- Introduction to the software
- Banking transactions and preparation of bank reconciliations
- Sales and receivables transactions
- Purchases and payables transactions
- Fixed asset transactions
- Payroll transactions
- Generate financial statements and other QuickBooks reports; exporting report to Excel or Word
- Write accounting procedures using QuickBooks
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- record cash transactions.
- prepare bank reconciliations.
- record sales and accounts receivable transactions.
- record fixed asset transactions.
- prepare payroll records and record payroll transactions.
- account for inventory.
- generate financial statements and other QuickBooks reports.
- export QuickBooks reports to Excel and Word.
- write accounting procedures related to QuickBooks Pro software.
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)