Oct 21, 2021
ACCT 2099 - Accounting Capstone Credits: 3
Hours/Week: Lecture 3Lab None
Course Description: This course requires students to apply financial accounting concepts and examine current issues in the accounting profession. Topics covered include the development of work papers, writing of accounting reports, understanding accounting documents, and the accountant-client relationship.
Prerequisite(s): ACCT 1010 or ACCT 2020 and ENGL 1021 , with a grade of C or higher.
Recommendation: Experience in the use of Excel.
- Auditing Issues An Emphasis on Working Papers
- Ethics in the Accounting Profession
- Financial Accounting Case
- Interviewing Clients and Working Relationships
- Understanding Accounting Documents
- Using the Internet as a Source for Information
- Writing Accounting Reports
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- Conduct interviews with potential clients.
- Create and prepare working papers that will provide an audit trail for work completed.
- Communicate accounting information through written reports.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the cultural issues that need to be addressed when working with clients, coworkers, and supervisors
- Demonstrate an understanding of the Code of Ethics that govern the accounting profession.
- Demonstrate the ability to solve problems in an accounting information system.
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)