Aug 14, 2020
AST 2015 - Engine Diagnosis Credits: 3
Hours/Week: Lecture 2Lab 2
Course Description: This course covers the diagnostic test procedures used to determine the operating condition of a gasoline engine. Diagnostic testing and test interpretation will be performed. Students must be able to perform physical tasks to complete course requirements.
Prerequisite(s): AST 2005 .
- Engine theory
- Engine Noise Diagnosis
- Visual Inspection
- Interpretation of Test Results
- NATEF Tasks
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- describe safety precautions associated with course.
- perform engine condition diagnostic tests.
- describe various engine noises.
- locate various engine noises.
- locate engine oil leaks.
- interpret diagnostic test results.
- perform NATEF tasks during engine diagnostic testing.
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)