Dec 07, 2021
CAPL 1021 - Microsoft PowerPoint Credits: 3
Hours/Week: Lecture 3Lab None
Course Description: This course covers the creation, integration, and customization of professional-looking slide presentations. Skills presented include using design templates and auto layouts, working within different PowerPoint views, enhancing presentations using pictures and other graphical elements such as textboxes, SmartArt, shapes, and WordArt. Other topics covered are applying custom animations and animation schemes, modifying visual elements and presentation formats, running a slide show with hyperlinks and action buttons, creating a self-running presentation, customizing a template and using masters, developing a presentation with content from outside sources including tables and charts, and organizing slides and creating a photo album.
Prerequisite(s): OFFT 1001 or instructor consent.
- Collaborating on and Delivering a Presentation
- Creating a Self-Running Presentation Containing Animation
- Creating and Editing a Presentation with Pictures
- Customizing a Presentation with Customized Slide, Handout, and Notes Masters
- Developing a Presentation with Content from Outside Sources
- Enhancing a Presentation with Pictures, Shapes, and WordArt
- Modifying a Presentation with Customized Text Boxes, SmartArt, and Shapes
- Navigating Presentations Using Hyperlinks and Action Buttons
- Organizing Slides and Creating a Photo Album
- Reusing a Presentation and Adding Media and Animation
- Working with Information Graphics
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- modify a presentation.
- customize a presentation.
- create a presentation from a template and from an existing presentation.
- develop a presentation with content from outside sources.
- deliver presentations.
- add textual information.
- organize slides and create a Photo Album.
- prepare a presentation for distribution.
- add visual elements.
- add data from other sources.
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)