Sep 19, 2020
EDUC 1021 - Portfolios II for Educators Credits: 2
Hours/Week: Lecture 2Lab None
Course Description: Portfolios II is designed to expand the portfolio process begun in EDUC 1020 - Portfolios I for Educators . Students will be expected to add a minimum of 30 new standards or competencies, use a rubric to evaluate their own portfolios, review and evaluate other portfolios, add artifacts, and participate in an online discussion group. Field experience is not required in this class, but students may participate in field experience if they wish.
Prerequisite(s): EDUC 1020 - Portfolios I for Educators
Recommendation: Completion of ENGL 1021 with a grade of C or higher.
- Evaluating professional portfolios
- Revising teaching portfolios
- Collecting and evaluating portfolio content
- Reflecting on artifacts
- Evaluating educational philosophy statement
- Visual appearance of teaching portfolios
- Characteristics of high-quality professional portfolios
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- describe specific strengths and weaknesses regarding standards or competencies completed in Portfolios
- complete a minimum of 30 new competencies/standards
- apply a rubric to evaluate portfolios.
- demonstrate communication skills by reviewing two portfolios.
- apply a rubric to their own portfolios.
- apply strategies to improve subsections in their portfolios.
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)