Dec 01, 2021
ECT 2018 - Configuring Office 365 and SharePoint Credits: 3
Hours/Week: Lecture 2Lab 2
Course Description: This course will cover the skills needed to effectively design, deploy, and manage a unified messaging solution through the application of Microsoft Office 365. Students work with Office 365 in order to plan and deploy the product as well as use functions and utilities, manage security, and optimize its operations. In addition, students will configure and manage Microsoft SharePoint services.
Prerequisite(s): ECT 1013 with a grade of C or higher
Recommendation: ECT 2015 and ECT 2017
- Exchange Server basics
- Configuring email protocols and transport rules
- Configuring security
- Backing up, restoring, and repairing Exchange
- Monitoring Exchange
- Providing for mobile access and unified messaging
- Providing for high availability
- Working with Active Directory
- Deploying Exchange Server
- Configuring Exchange Server
- Working with recipient objects
- Address lists, policies, and bulk management
- Working with public folders
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- automate Office 365 processes with Windows PowerShell.
- define the Office 365 infrastructure.
- manage a migration from Exchange to Office 365.
- manage user identity with Active Directory and Single Sign-On.
- monitor and maintain the health of Office 365 with Microsoft System Center.
- simplify enterprise deployment with planning tools and tasks.
- implement Microsoft Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, and Lync Online.
- control variables in an Exchange Server hybrid implementation.
- customize and deploy Office 365 Professional Plus.
- manage SharePoint records.
- secure information.
- deploy apps.
- configure unified messaging support.
- define the concept of unified messaging.
- plan for fault tolerance and disaster recovery.
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)