Dec 07, 2021
VCT 2022 - App Design for Mobile Devices Credits: 3
Hours/Week: Lecture NoneLab None
Course Description: Mobile app design has become, arguably, the fastest growing area of the Visual Communications Industry. In this hands-on, project-oriented course, students will explore the concepts, design issues, and techniques of planning and designing for the mobile app space or GUI. Projects will include designing the mobile app space for multiple mobile design applications.
Prerequisite(s): VCT 1027 or instructor consent
- Consider the Technical Limitations
- Creating the Final Files in Photoshop: Preparing Files for Development
- Functionality: Consider Case Scenarios
- Getting Around in the App: Designing for Interactivity
- HTML5, CSS3, and jQuery Mobile: Building Cross-Platform Mobile Apps
- Know your Target Audience
- Research: Look for Existing Design Solutions
- The Mobile App Space (or GUI): Design is Everything
- The Mobile Design Process
- What is the Application¿s Primary Task?
- Wireframing and Paper Prototyping: Designing for Ergonomic Interactivity
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- employ a creative visual design process for mobile apps.
- use a process to plan and design mobile apps.
- evaluate the use of HTML5, CSS3, and jQuery Mobile in the development of a mobile app design.
- employ a planning process for designing mobile apps.
- design for the mobile app space or GUI.
- implement a mobile app design using Adobe Photoshop.
- solve design and technical problems through the use of critical thinking.
- critique one¿s own work and that of other students in group discussions.
- employ a creative informational design process for mobile apps.
- discuss the concepts of mobile app design.
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)