Sep 25, 2022
VCT 2061 - Electronic Publishing II Credits: 3
Hours/Week: Lecture NoneLab None
Course Description: This course is a continuation of the concepts and skills learned in Electronic Publishing I. Students will hone their abilities to articulate their clients’ needs through continued written statements, research, thumbnail drawings, and computer comps. Students continue to learn more advanced features of InDesign by developing sophisticated portfolio-level projects for a variety of clients.
Prerequisite(s): VCT 1061 .
- Creating special effects
- Making tables of content and indexes
- Photoshop and InDesign
- Pocket Folder
- Preparing, packaging, and exporting documents
- Spot and PMS colors
- Tabs and tables
- Visual Identity
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- articulate the needs of their client in a clear a concise manner.
- synthesize a variety of research materials to inform their design ideas.
- identify the strengths and weaknesses of different design styles.
- elucidate on the design choices they have made in light of their clients’ needs.
- design and print a tri-fold brochure.
- design a visual identity and properly print a letterhead, business card and envelope.
- design and print a newsletter.
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)