Nov 26, 2021
VCT 2062 - Electronic Publishing III Credits: 3
Hours/Week: Lecture NoneLab None
Course Description: This course is last in a sequence of design courses in the Graphic Design specialty area. Its primary purpose is to give students an opportunity to use the concepts and skills they have learned by developing and creating a real-life project from concept to print. This client-based project will be a focal point for their portfolios. Additionally, students will develop and create mockups for several package design concepts.
Prerequisite(s): VCT 2061 .
- Begin package design projects
- Establish due dates and deadlines
- Establish projects, clients and printers
- Follow-up assessment of projects
- Meet deadlines and benchmarks
- Meet with clients
- Meet with printer
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- develop a graphic design project from concept to print.
- communicate professionally with a client.
- prepare a finished design for print.
- create package designs for food products.
- interact with printers and pre-press professionals.
- photographically document package designs.
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)