Oct 19, 2021
VCT 2131 - Post-Production 3: Audio Editing Credits: 3
Hours/Week: Lecture 2Lab 2
Course Description: This course introduces students to the basic tools and techniques of sound pickup, amplification, recording, editing, distribution, and output as they apply to filmmaking production. The use of digital audio equipment and software as well as analog audio equipment will be covered.
Prerequisite(s): VCT 1131
- Audio Terms and Concepts
- Editing Music Files
- Editing Music Loop Clips
- Editing Sound Effects Clips
- Recording Voice Audio
- Recording Sound Effects
At the end of this course, students will be able to:
- define the principles of sound.
- identify the equipment used in sound production.
- operate digital recording devices.
- describe the nature and aesthetics of sound design.
- select audio production techniques for different situations.
- identify the techniques used in producing sound effects.
- demonstrate techniques of editing audio for post-production.
- describe audio file formats and distribution methods.
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)