Jul 29, 2021
AST 2035 - Emission Control Credits: 3
Hours/Week: Lecture 2 Lab 2
Course Description: This course covers the need for vehicle emission control. A complete description of the function and operation of most common emission control devices will be addressed. Testing of emission control devices will be performed. Students must be able to perform physical tasks to complete course requirements.
Prerequisite(s): AST 2025 and instructor consent.
- Identify need for Emission Control
- OBD II
- Exhaust Gas Composition
- Component/System Testing
- Diagnostics/ Monitors
- Legal Issues
- Emission Warranties
- NATEF Tasks
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- describe the safety precautions associated with course. .
- describe the need for emission control.
- describe OBD II standardization and requirements.
- describe OBD II Diagnostics/ Monitors.
- describe MIL operation.
- test emission control components using Scan Tool.
- identify defective emission control components.
- describe legal issues concerning emission control tampering.
- perform NATEF tasks during emission component testing.
Competency 1 (1-6)
Competency 2 (7-10)
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)