Oct 15, 2019
AST 2065 - Engine Performance Maintenance Credits: 4
Hours/Week: Lecture 2 Lab 4
Course Description: This course covers ignition system theory, testing and repair procedures, four-gas analysis and engine performance maintenance. Engine performance maintenance using a variety of diagnostic test equipment will be performed. Students must be able to perform physical tasks to complete course requirements.
Prerequisite(s): AST 2055 and instructor consent.
- Ignition system components and functions
- Distributor ignition system components
- Ignition system theory and operation
- Electronic ignition system components
- Test Equipment Use
- Test result interpretation
- Engine Maintenance Procedures
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- describe safety precautions associated with course.
- operate engine performance test equipment.
- perform engine performance tests.
- interpret engine performance test results.
- perform engine performance maintenance.
- perform NATEF tasks during engine performance maintenance.
Competency 1 (1-6)
Competency 2 (7-10)
Courses and Registration
[Add to Portfolio]