Aug 13, 2020
AST 2085 - Air Conditioning Credits: 3
Hours/Week: Lecture 2 Lab 2
Course Description: This course covers the fundamentals and service of the automotive air conditioning system. Topics include system operation, recovery/recycling of 134A, system charging, leak detection, performance testing, and retrofitting. Air conditioning service using typical service equipment will be performed. Students must be able to perform physical tasks to complete course requirements.
Prerequisite(s): AST 2075 and instructor consent.
- Operational theory
- Component replacement
- Service procedures
- Service equipment
- ASE recovery/recycling certification
- Completion of NATEF tasks associated with course
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- describe safety precautions associated with course.
- identify air conditioning system components.
- describe the operational theory of an air conditioning system.
- perform air conditioning service using typical service equipment.
- perform recovery/recycling procedures.
- diagnose typical air conditioning problems.
- describe retrofit procedures.
- perform NATEF tasks during air conditioning service
Competency 1 (1-6)
Competency 2 (7-10)
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)