Dec 06, 2023
COS 1020 - Preclinic Skin Care Credits: 3
Hours/Week: Lecture None Lab None
Course Description: This course provides an introduction to dermatology, skin analysis, facial massage, makeup application, and waxing. Students must be able to perform physical tasks to complete course requirements.
Prerequisite(s): Course placement into ENGL 0950 and RDNG 0950 or above OR completion of RDNG 0940 with a grade of C or higher OR course placement into ESOL 0051 and ESOL 0052 and ESOL 1033 OR completion of ESOL 0041 with a grade of C or higher and ESOL 0042 with a grade of C or higher and ESOL 0043 with a grade of C or higher. COS 1000 or concurrently enrolled.
- Corrective makeup.
- Electric and light therapy.
- Hazardous waste.
- Makeup applications.
- Proper care of skin.
- Proper safety and sanitation procedures.
- Recognize skin disorders and diseases.
- Skin care product uses.
- Skin types.
- Temporary hair removal.
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- recognize diseases and disorders of the skin.
- demonstrate facial massage techniques.
- demonstrate proper makeup application.
- perform temporary hair removal.
- describe different methods of electric and light therapy as it relates to skin care.
- practice proper safety and sanitation techniques.
- demonstrate safe handling, storage, and disposal of hazardous waste.
- demonstrate knowledge of skin structure.
- analyze skin types.
Competency 1 (1-6)
Competency 2 (7-10)
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)