Dec 06, 2023
COS 1070 - Nail Clinic/License Preparation Credits: 4
Hours/Week: Lecture 2 Lab 4
Course Description: This course provides students the opportunity in the Century College clinic to apply theories and skills learned throughout the nail program. Emphasis will be placed on speed, accuracy, and proper selection of nail products to prepare students for the salon, the state licensing exam, and certification of skills. Students must be able to perform physical tasks to complete course requirements.
Prerequisite(s): COS 1010 , COS 1051 or concurrent enrollment.
- Advanced nail care.
- Artificial nail application with tip.
- Certification of skills.
- Hazardous waste.
- Manicuring and pedicuring.
- Minnesota Cosmetology Law and Rule.
- Review diseases and disorders.
- Safety and sanitation procedures.
- Sculptured nail applications.
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- practice skill development for nail care.
- demonstrate skill development in manicure, pedicure, and artificial nails.
- demonstrate professional development.
- prepare for school final and state exam.
- prepare for certification of skills.
- perform proper safety and sanitation procedures.
- complete hours and services needed for program completion.
- demonstrate safe handling, storage, and disposal of hazardous waste.
Competency 1 (1-6)
Competency 2 (7-10)
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)