Sep 18, 2020
EMSE 1170 - Paramedic Preparation and Assessment Credits: 2
Hours/Week: Lecture 1 Lab 2
Course Description: This course assesses the paramedic student’s advanced skills in preparation for field experience and National Registry practical testing. Students will also be introduced to best practices in job seeking and career planning in the EMS profession. Students must be able to perform physical tasks to complete course requirements. This course requires Minnesota Human Services and National background studies with no restrictions; current state EMT certification; current AHA BLS Provider certification; required immunizations; current healthcare insurance.
Prerequisite(s): EMSE 1148 , EMSE 1164 , and EMSE 1166 with a grade of C or higher.
Recommendation: Basic word processing skills.
- Practicum Orientation Expectations Objectives Goals Contracts Evaluation tools Maps Assignments Daily log of practicum experiences Weekly review of practicum goals and objectives Data collection and entry
- Career Planning Resume Cover letter Application for employment Mock interview techniques
- National Registry Standards Expectations Skills checklist
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- identify practicum expectations.
- demonstrate mastery of didactic materials
- demonstrate mastery of practical skills.
- identify job seeking and keeping skills.
Competency 1 (1-6)
Competency 2 (7-10)
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)