Sep 18, 2020
ECT 1011 - Supporting Microsoft Windows 10 Operating System Credits: 3
Hours/Week: Lecture 2 Lab 2
Course Description: Students will study the skills needed to effectively manage and configure the Windows 10 desktop operating environment. Topics include how to use functions and utilities, manage user interface properties, manage hardware devices, and deploy the Windows 10 operating system across a variety of business environments. This course will help prepare students for the Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) industry certification. This course requires current A+ certification. This course requires completion of ECT 1001 or concurrently enrolled.
- Introducing Windows 10
- Configuring and Managing Shared Folder Security
- Supporting Applications in Windows 10
- Connecting Windows 10 to a Network
- Configuring TCP/IP Addressing and Security
- Managing Edge and Internet Explorer Connections and Security
- Managing Users and Groups
- Configuring and Managing Computer Security
- Backing Up and Restoring Systems and Data
- Installing Windows 10
- Managing Disks and File Systems
- Managing Devices and Peripherals
- Configuring and Managing the User Experience
- Configuring and Managing Printers
- Configuring and Managing NTFS Security
- Managing Performance
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- configure basic computer security.
- configure the user interface.
- connect Windows 10 to a network
- identify new features in Windows 10.
- install the Windows 10 operating system.
- manage Internet Explorer connections.
- manage devices and peripherals.
- manage disks and file systems.
- manage printers and fax devices.
- manage users and groups.
- plan for a Windows 10 installation.
- support applications in Windows 10.
- utilize the Encrypting File System (EFS) to protect data.
- deploy Bitlocker technology to secure entire drives.
- plan a backup strategy.
Competency 1 (1-6)
Competency 2 (7-10)
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)