Jan 20, 2021
ECT 2021 - User Support Services Credits: 3
Hours/Week: Lecture None Lab 2
Course Description: This course will cover the skills needed to effectively assist enterprise computing clients. Topics include the tools, techniques, technologies, and customer service skills the student will need to successfully integrate their technical knowledge into a customer-focused enterprise user support environment. This course requires current A+ certification.
Prerequisite(s): ECT 1001 with a grade of C or higher or instructor consent.
- Customer satisfaction and the needs of a business
- Customer service skills
- Ethical behavior
- User support processes and procedures
- Issue resolution and closure documentation
- Problem-solving strategies
- Stress and burnout
- Tools and software to support help desk staff
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- define help desk terms and processes
- resolve or elevate a customer service request, given a scenario.
- recognize tools and software available to streamline help desk processes.
- construct a model for call resolution and proper call escalation
- devise a strategy to minimize stress and avoid job burnout.
- discuss strategies to handle difficult customer-service customers.
- demonstrate the ability to work under stress and time constraints, given a scenario.
Competency 1 (1-6)
Competency 2 (7-10)
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)