Mar 28, 2023
KBD 2020 - Basic CAD for Kitchen and Bath Design Credits: 3
Hours/Week: Lecture None Lab None
Course Description: This course includes drafting kitchen and bath floor plans using a CAD program. Commands include drawing, editing, placement, drafting complete floor plans with dimensions, preparing drawings such as rendered drawings, isometric drawings, perspective drawings, and interior elevation drawings. Additional items include preparing quotes and a bill of materials. This course requires enrollment in Kitchen and Bath Design program, a laptop meeting program specifications, and basic skills using Microsoft Word.
Prerequisite(s): KBD 1010 and KBD 1030 or instructor consent.
- Complete drafted bath floor plan using computer software
- Complete drafted kitchen floor plan using computer software
- Drawing commands
- Edit commands
- Incorporate cabinetry into bath design
- Incorporate cabinetry into kitchen design
- Install CAD software
- Interior elevations
- Isometric drawings
- Move and drag commands
- Multi-view drawings
- Perspective drawings
- Placement commands
- Printing commands
- Rendered drawings and product selection
- Bill of material
- Prepare quote
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- Execute edit commands.
- Complete perspective drawing
- Complete multi-view drawing.
- Complete rendered drawings with product selection
- Complete bill of materials list
- Prepare a quote.
- Execute drawing commands.
- Execute dimension commands.
- Execute commands to place and move all items
- Draft entire kitchen floor plan.
- Incorporate cabinetry for specified catalogs into kitchen design
- Draft entire bath floor plan.
- Incorporate cabinetry from specified catalogs into bath design
- Complete interior elevations.
- Complete isometric drawing
Competency 1 (1-6)
Competency 2 (7-10)
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)