Dec 04, 2023
KBD 2060 - Advanced CAD for Kitchen and Bath Design Credits: 3
Hours/Week: Lecture None Lab None
Course Description: Students apply more advanced applications of the computer-aided drafting skills learned in KBD 2020 . This CAD program is most commonly used for the design of kitchen and bath spaces in the design industry. Skills utilized will include more complex techniques for the execution of the following drawings: floor plans, elevation drawings, dimensional drawings, customization of cabinetry and layout, remodeling aspects, renovation aspects, color coding drawings and creating complete quotes and Bill of Materials for projects. This advanced application of computer skills entails designing additional spaces such as entertainment area, home office, condo and incorporating universal design applications into a residential two cook kitchen. This course requires enrollment in Kitchen and Bath Design program, a laptop meeting program specifications, and basic skills using Microsoft Word.
Prerequisite(s): KBD 2020 or instructor consent.
- Review CAD skills from 20-20 course
- Design considerations
- Layered floor plan and color coded plan
- Custom entertainment room and bar design
- Lighting and electrical plan
- Custom Countertops
- Remodeling and adding an addition
- Islands and peninsulas
- Construction plan
- Items list
- Home office design
- Two cook universal kitchen design
- Condo kitchen and bath design
- Remodeling considerations and mechanical systems
- Entertainment center
- Closet design
- Laundry design
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- Complete an advanced and customized set of drawings for a kitchen design using the software as required by the course instructor.
- Complete an advanced and customized set of drawings for a bathroom design using the software as required by the instructor.
- Render the floor plans with advanced detailing of products used in the space.
- Design and draft a home office using a CAD program
- Design and draft an entertainment area using a CAD program
- Design and draft a univeral kitchen using a CAD program
- Design and draft a laundry room
- Design and draft a closet
- Design and draft an entertainment center
Competency 1 (1-6)
Competency 2 (7-10)
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)