Dec 04, 2023
KBD 2070 - Basic CAD II for Kitchen and Bath Design Credits: 3
Hours/Week: Lecture 1 Lab 4
Course Description: This course includes drafting kitchen and bath plans using the 20-20 Design software program. This CAD program is one of several commonly used for the design of kitchen and bath spaces in the design field. Commands covered include drawing, editing, completing dimensioned floor plans, elevations, mechanical plans, and dimensional drawings such as perspectives and isometrics. Additional items include preparing quotes, cabinet order forms, and other lists of materials. This course requires enrollment in Kitchen and Bath Design program, a laptop meeting program specifications, and basic skills using Microsoft Word.
Prerequisite(s): KBD 2020 or instructor consent.
- Introduction to CAD software
- Printing commands
- Complete drafted kitchen floor plan using computer software
- Incorporate cabinetry into kitchen design
- Complete drafted bath floor plan using computer software
- Incorporate cabinetry into bath design
- Interior elevations
- Multi-view drawings
- Rendered drawings and product selection
- Install CAD software
- Edit commands
- Drawing commands
- Placement commands
- Move and drag commands
- Cabinet order forms
- Isometric drawings
- Perspective drawings
- Prepare quotes
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- complete interior elevations.
- complete isometric drawings.
- draft complete bath floor plan.
- draft complete kitchen floor plan.
- execute commands to place and move all objects in program.
- execute dimension commands.
- execute drawing commands.
- execute edit commands.
- incorporate cabinetry for specified catalogs into bath design.
- incorporate cabinetry for specified catalogs into kitchen design.
- complete cabinet order form.
- complete multi-view drawing.
- complete perspective drawings.
- prepare cabinet quote.
Competency 1 (1-6)
Competency 2 (7-10)
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)