Sep 18, 2020
OFFT 2041 - Healthcare Documentation Fundamentals Credits: 3
Hours/Week: Lecture 3 Lab None
Course Description: This course introduces transcription and editing of basic healthcare documentation. It incorporates skills in English language, technology, medical knowledge, proofreading, editing, and research.
Prerequisite(s): CAPL 1010 and OFFT 2010
- Body system terminology
- Document formatting
- English spelling and grammar
- Equipment operation
- Professional transcription organizations code of ethics
- Reference material use
- Organization¿s code of ethics
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- Transcribe commonly dictated reports from a variety of medical specialties.
- Incorporate medical terminology into medical documents using a body system approach.
- Demonstrate use of language skills and medical knowledge to edit, revise, and clarify while transcribing dictation, without altering the meaning of the dictation or changing the author¿s style.
- Operate transcription equipment.
- Recognize situations requiring assistance from supervisor, coworker, or originator in order to understand dictation and transcribe reports.
- Demonstrate use of medical references.
- Describe professional code of ethics.
- edit speech-recognized medical reports.
- identify situations requiring assistance from supervisor, coworker, or originator in order to understand dictation and transcribe reports.
Competency 1 (1-6)
Competency 2 (7-10)
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)