Jan 23, 2021
OFFT 2044 - Healthcare Documentation Capstone Credits: 3
Hours/Week: Lecture 3 Lab None
Course Description: In this course, students will be transcribing original healthcare dictation using advanced proofreading, editing, and research skills, while meeting progressively demanding accuracy and productivity standards. Emphasis will be on the current professional style guidelines and medical editing practice. This course assists in preparing the student for the registered healthcare documentation specialist (RHDS) credentialing exam.
Prerequisite(s): OFFT 2041 with a grade of C or higher or instructor consent.
- Professional style guidelines.
- Medical references
- Methods to increase speed and accuracy.
- Medical editing of speech-recognized documents.
- Techniques for dealing with difficult or inaudible dictation.
- Registered healthcare documentation specialist (RHDS) exam preparation.
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- demonstrate medical editing of speech-recognized reports.
- demonstrate professional and ethical conduct.
- evaluate the accuracy of transcribed healthcare documents of advanced difficulty on computer screen and make corrections.
- meet progressively demanding accuracy and productivity standards while transcribing reports of advanced difficulty.
- transcribe original healthcare dictation of advanced difficulty.
- use language skills and medical knowledge to appropriately edit, revise, and clarify dictation.
- use medical references and other resources while transcribing, proofreading, editing, and reviewing reports of advanced difficulty.
Competency 1 (1-6)
Competency 2 (7-10)
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)