Sep 18, 2020
OFFT 2099 - Office Technology Capstone Credits: 3
Hours/Week: Lecture None Lab None
Course Description: This course reinforces and applies previously learned skills to complete complex and integrated business projects such as itineraries, newsletters, expense reports, forms and other business-related tasks. Students will complete business documents using multiple software applications and apply critical thinking and problem-solving skills in realistic business situations.
Prerequisite(s): CAPL 1010 and CAPL 1023 or instructor consent
- Tables with calculations, merge/split cells, sort data
- Comments and track changes
- Custom forms
- Excel worksheets as word tables
- Leftbound report with footnotes/endnotes
- Report with different page number formats
- Reports with table of contents, index, table of figures
- Review changes and merge revisions
- Unbound report with footnotes/endnotes
- HTML documents
- Employment and online documents
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- produce error-free documents.
- produce documents for print and online use.
- prepare effective employment documents.
- improve keyboarding speed and accuracy.
- proofread and edit realistic business documents including e-mails, itineraries, expense reports, spreadsheets, databases, etc.
- apply language arts skills.
- enhance report formats with elements that add structure, provide a consistent image, and increase readability.
- use charts, tables and graphic elements to simplify and enhance newsletters, announcements, and display documents.
Competency 1 (1-6)
Competency 2 (7-10)
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)