Oct 27, 2020
VCT 2073 - Photography Editing 2 Credits: 3
Hours/Week: Lecture None Lab None
Course Description: This course covers advanced editing techniques within Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Lightroom for output of web- and print-ready images while using an effective workflow. This course covers digital workflow, global corrections using Adobe Lightroom, and advanced artistic editing techniques using Adobe Photoshop.
Prerequisite(s): VCT 1018 and VCT 1071 with grades of C or higher.
- Digital workflow and points of failure
- Lightroom interface and tools
- Global photo corrections using Lightroom
- Localized photo corrections
- Integrating Photoshop into the Lightroom workflow
- Advanced artistic editing techniques using Photoshop
- Output for print and web using Lightroom and Photoshop
- Saving time with Droplets and Actions
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- employ industry-standard storage practices to backup images.
- process large quantities of images using an effective editing workflow.
- edit images using the Develop Module in Lightroom.
- batch process photographs using Lightroom.
- organize images using the Library Module in Lightroom.
- watermark images to protect copyrights.
- edit images using advanced Photoshop techniques.
- apply artistic effects using advanced Photoshop techniques.
- utilize time-saving methods including Actions and Droplets to process images.
- output images for print and web using Lightroom.
- organize images across multiple projects using Collections in Lightroom.
- create custom layouts for print and web using the Print Module in Lightroom.
Competency 1 (1-6)
Competency 2 (7-10)
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)