Oct 27, 2020
VCT 2079 - Portfolio Development - Photography Credits: 1
Hours/Week: Lecture None Lab None
Course Description: In this course students will prepare a portfolio highlighting their photography skills culminating in the presentation of students work in the VCT Portfolio show.
Prerequisite(s): VCT 1078 and VCT 2073 with grades of C or higher.
- Assembling your portfolio
- Business card
- Cover letter and résumé
- General course introduction; assignment and supplies
- Importance of a portfolio in photography
- Participating in portfolio review by an industry professional
- Participating in the portfolio show
- Selecting your best work for your portfolio
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- organize the sequence of photographs in their portfolio
- create a business card.
- create a cover letter and résumé.
- create a professional traditional portfolio.
- create a professional electronic portfolio.
- recognize the role and importance of a photographic portfolio in the industry.
Competency 1 (1-6)
Competency 2 (7-10)
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)