Oct 27, 2020
WLDG 1015 - Advanced Metal Inert Gas Welding II Credits: 2
Hours/Week: Lecture None Lab None
Course Description: In this course students will identify shop, machine, and personal safety rules. In addition, this course will focus on developing welding skills in the vertical down and overhead position with the MIG welding process. Students must be able to perform physical tasks in order to complete course requirements.
Prerequisite(s): WLDG 1011 or instructor consent.
- Metal preparation for welding
- Personal safety procedures
- Set-up and take down procedures of oxyacetylene equipment
- Shop and equipment safety rules and procedures
- Welding in overhead positions with MIG equipment
- Welding in vertical up positions with MIG equipment
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- identify shop equipment and personal safety procedures.
- describe safety precautions when using MIG equipment.
- demonstrate proper set-up, take down, and troubleshooting procedures of MIG equipment.
- demonstrate proper use of shop equipment.
- perform butt, lap, corner, and tee welds in vertical down position using MIG equipment.
- perform butt, lap, corner, and tee welds in overhead position using MIG equipment.
- inspect welds for grading.
Competency 1 (1-6)
Competency 2 (7-10)
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)